This is a list of educational training resources that I’ve come across in the process of reinventing myself as a freelancer. I’ve not tried them all, but feel that I want to list the top players in this arena for others. Feel free to leave feedback on this blog if you have strong feelings about those I’ve listed. Feedback is also welcome about any training resources I’ve missed.
- EdX is a non-profit created by founding partners Harvard and MIT whose mission is to bring the best of higher education to students of all ages anywhere in the world, wherever there is Internet access.
- Udemy offers both free and paid courses in a variety of subjects including business, marketing, IT, writing, language, music and many, many more.
- Coursera is an education platform that partners with top universities and organizations worldwide, to offer courses online for anyone to take, for free.
- Elance University – There are some courses and webinars offered by Elance, but they also provide a kind of catalog to other education providers (see above)
- YouTube – obviously free, and sometimes you can find complete courses, but, a bit difficult to parse what’s good, and what’s not.
- TED – I love TED. Not strictly an educational platform; it can serve as your muse or jumping off point for new ideas in your particular field.